1. What information do we collect about you?
We explain below the main ways that we collect and process information about you.
A. Information You Provide To Us:
Your use of the Services may require registration, in which case we will ask you to provide certain personal information, including an email address, username, and password. You may also decide to provide us with some optional demographic information to enhance your profile, such as your home address, education, interests, and communications preferences.
You may also provide personal information to us, if you choose to:
- sign up to receive any additional services or request to receive certain communications from us;
- submit a help request, a customer services inquiry or other inquiry to us, or fill in any other forms for the purposes of receiving our Services;
- participate in some of the features accessible via the Services (for example, message boards, chat groups, social networking, games, surveys, polls, promotions, contests, or sweepstakes);
- contact us about employment opportunities posted to the Services; or
- otherwise use the Services in a manner that you have requested.
Please be aware, that by posting information via the FinchIt App. such as comments or “likes”, you will be making this information available to other users of the Services and to the public. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself.
B. Information We Collect When You Use The Services:
When you use the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities, including:
(1) IP address of your computer
(2) Unique mobile device identifier
(3) Technical information about your computer or mobile device such as type of device, mobile device ID number, screen resolution, web browser (Internet Explorer 8, etc.), other browser information (e.g. size, connection speed and connection type), and operating system or platform (Mac, Windows XP, etc.)
(4) Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.)
(5) Internet provider or mobile carrier name
(6) The URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting the Site
(7) Information about your activity on the Services (e.g., your search queries, mis-formatted DNS entries, search results selected, clicks, pages viewed, search history, comments);
(8) Your mobile device’s geographic location (specific geographic location if you’ve enabled collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically).
(9) We may also collect information about searches you make, the ads you click on, and information contained in error log files or cookies.
2. How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- verify your eligibility for our Services;
- respond to your queries with the best possible answers and search results;
- understand our users (their demographics, what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them etc.) and improve our Services, such as by personalizing content to your interests and process and complete your transactions;
- administer our Services, diagnose technical problems and otherwise manage our business;
- send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you in accordance with your preferences.
- provide you with customer support;
- enable us to show you ads and search results that are more relevant to you; and
- perform functions as otherwise described at the time of collection.
3. How do we share the information we collect?
We will not share the personal information we collect about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We will share your information in the following ways:
- Our retail partners: We may share your data with our retail partners who pay us to provide you with search results that meet your query. This information includes metrics of page views, the search results and ads you click on, IP address, and the address of the web pages you previously visited, however no personally identifiable information about you will be provided.
- Companies within our group of Companies: We may share your information with our affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company, Road Finch.
- Fraud prevention: We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes and public safety: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law in order to (for example) respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (d) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public, or (e) protect against legal liability.
- Sale or merger of our business: We may transfer your personal information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
4. Cookies & Mobile Device Location Information:
Cookies will be used to enhance user experience and will expire in 24 hours (persistent settings are used when you are logged in). Your exact location isn’t tracked unless you give us your permission device/browser GPS coordinates. There are 7 data points that will be stored in the temporary cookie: Latitude – Longitude – City – Country – State – Timezone, and – Zip Code. If you do not allow your GPS permission, then it will default to your wifi/cell data provider which can throw off search results’ distances.
5. How do we keep the information we collect secure?
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide products or services to you, or in order to do their jobs. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you.
6. How long do we keep the information we collect?
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
7. Children under 13
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a person submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. You hereby represent that you are at least 13.
8. Links to Other Web Sites
9. Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to [email protected].